What If? Part 2
假如?之二
对话 Dialogue
This is the good life! We have it good don’t you think?
这才是好日子!咱们过得挺好吧,你觉得呢?
Yeah of course! Although, don’t you ever wonder what ”could have been”?
当然啦!不过,你就没想过那些“本来可能”的事吗?
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Well, sometimes I think of how things could have turned out if I had done things a little differently.
嗯,有时候我会想,如果当初做事有点不同,结果会怎样。
For example?
比如说?
Like for example, if I hadn’t studied architecture, I would have become an artist like I wanted to.
比如说,如果我没学建筑,我可能就成了我想当的艺术家了。
I see. Yeah now that I think of it, I wouldn’t have gotten married if I hadn’t moved to this town and met Sally.
明白了。是啊,现在想想,如果我没搬到这个镇子遇到莎莉,我也不会结婚。
You see! Everything happens for a reason! We wouldn’t even have met if I hadn’t been in that car accident ten years ago!
你看!一切都有原因!要不是十年前那场车祸,我们都不会认识!
Well, I have no regrets!
嗯,我没什么好后悔的!
I’ll drink to that!
为了这个,干一杯!