I'm in Debt
身陷债务
对话 Dialogue
Hello, I’m here to see Mr. Corleone.
你好,我来见柯里昂先生。
Right this way, sir.
这边请,先生。
Charlie! What can I do for you?
查理!我能为你做点什么?
Mr. Corlone, I’m really sorry to trouble you, but I need your help.
柯里昂先生,真不好意思打扰您,但我需要您的帮助。
Anything for you, Charlie! Your father was like a brother to me.
为你做什么都行,查理!你父亲就像我的亲兄弟一样。
Well, sir, you see, this recession has hit me pretty hard; I lost my job and I’m in a lot of debt.
唉,先生,您看,这次经济衰退对我打击太大了;我丢了工作,还欠了一屁股债。
I see...
我明白了……
Yeah, you know, I’ve got credit card bills, car payments, I’ve got to pay my mortgage; and on top of all that, I have to pay my son’s college tuition.
是啊,您知道,我有信用卡账单、车贷,还要还房贷;更糟的是,我还得付儿子的大学学费。
So you’re asking for a loan.
所以你是来借钱的。
Well, I just thought maybe you could help me out.
嗯,我只是想也许您能帮我一把。
What? At a time like this? I’m broke too, you know! You’re not the only one who has been hit by the recession! I lost half my money in the stock market crash! Go on! Get outa here!
什么?在这种时候?我也破产了,你知道吗!又不是只有你一个人被经济衰退害了!我在股市崩盘里亏了一半的钱!滚!给我滚出去!